Award winning, local produce.
We sell our own meat (from Texel lamb and Hereford beef) and supplement this with plenty of really good quality meat from neighbouring farmers who we know and trust to supply the quality we expect!
The key thing is that we know where all our meat comes from, such as award winning farmers Owens, who are down the road in Llannon. We oversee the full process from rearing to selling and we can therefore guarantee the quality and provenance of our products.
STILL NOT SURE WHY OUR BUTCHERY IS SO GREAT? SEE BELOW:
- Most of our meat is from Cwmcerrig or local farms and our abattoir is ten miles away. Low food miles = good for the environment and guaranteed freshness
- We cut all our meat on site to ensure we have full control and can guarantee quality
- Our Hereford beef is hung for a minimum of 21 days in a temperature controlled room to ensure depth of flavour and tenderness (our Sirloin steak and Silverside joints are Great Taste award winners)
- Ask us for advice – our friendly team of 5 butchers (led by head butcher William) can advise you on the best cuts for your recipes so please ask if you aren’t sure!
- Oh and we mustn’t go without mentioning our sausages! High meat content, natural skins and homemade, they are simply delicious!
- New 2012 season lamb now in!!!!!!!!
“Large selection of meat produce. All presented nicely. Staff friendly and helpful. Good to see local rearing.” A. Lorch
“Beautifully tender beef – the best i’ve ever tasted. Very tasty pork” D.Croll